why we need more cryptome mirrors, in all corners

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 15:45:11 PDT 2015

On 10/10/15, Shelley <shelley at misanthropia.org> wrote:
> The Cryptome archives *are* publicly accessible.  John limits bots and
> leechers to a certain number of files per day (as is his right, he is
> paying for the bandwidth), approx 100 iirc, but anyone who can use search
> strings can find anything on the site.

it is exceptionally difficult, short of ordering physical duplicates,
to obtain a significant portion of cryptome archive from cryptome.org.

part of this is inherent abuse - any mirror gets serious algorithmic
beatings - akin to HackingTeam mirrors perhaps, not counting the
mindless cloud VM bot walkers, annoying enough.  even the hidden
service only mirrors got offensive proddings. remember, some of
cryptome-opponents are relying on obscurity - thwarted every time some
makes a mirror...

for this, i am quite grateful to see the archive.org natsec section
expanded with cryptome mirror!
https://archive.org/details/nationalsecurityarchive

thanks to all involved (esp. you, Michael :)

best regards,