Why cryptome sold web logs to their paying customers?

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sun Oct 11 11:02:55 PDT 2015

On October 11, 2015 10:14:15 AM "Dr. J Feinstein" <drjfeinstein at mail.com>
wrote:

> Resend–HTML email scrubbed
>
> Calling bullshit. Mirimirs right, this makes no sense. And JYA says netsol
> won't let him delete the logs but Netsol says logs are disabled by
> default[https://www.networksolutions.com/support/how-to-enable-download-the-web-logs/]
> and you have to turn them on.
>
> So how the fuckd this really happen?

I truly don't know.  I don't have any more info than anyone else, I was
just musing about how it could have happened.  Obviously, hearing  JY's
explanation would be the best thing.

Also agree re: the /var/log issue, but I get the impression that the
restored files weren't kept in the normal file tree structure.  Again, I
simply don't know and I'm not trying to be an overt JY apologist - I'm just
saying sometimes, shit happens.  It would help if he would weigh in instead
of having dorks like me positing hypotheticals.

-S