Cyber Guerrilla Warfare, OPSEC, etc... [re: kicks bucket]

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Thu Oct 8 00:11:39 PDT 2015

Hola, assuming some / most of these questions are posed as just open
ones to reflect upon... nonetheless, I've tossed out a few "answers"
anyway (take with healthy dose of salt)

grarpamp:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Georgi Guninski
> <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:
>> The ... situation ... is quite grave. Assume very severe ...
>> crisis hits ... relatively soon causing ...
>
> "State Kicks the bucket" (and other use cases) bring about some
> discussion around cyber guerrilla warfare of sorts...
>
> Assume you're a terrist, warfighter, some flavor of activist /
> dissident, human rights worker, journalist, hacker, VIP,
> whatever...
>
> What is the time to a fix and physical intercept on your location?

This is generally happening / in process or has happened; you operate
under the assumption that it is happening or has happened and plan
time scale accordingly.

> Possibly specified to within some radius such that you cannot
> escape without being captured, or at least being visually
> identified, etc. Modulo your own movement while on / off air. What
> are the capabilities of any particular chosen adversaries that are
> after your realtime fix?

Not always possible to identify in advance.  Easier to ascertain
assuming your goals / objectives are clear (thus narrowing possible
adversaries) and understanding of people's customs, language, etc
where you will be functioning (online and off).

> What is your loiter time before you must move to avoid capture?

Don't loiter long

> Consider some various theatres, densities, infrastructures, and
> situations in which you might operate... - War ravaged mideast
> "city" - Paris, New York, Tokyo - You're in soverign territory up
> against drones and monitoring / locating methods that ignore and
> cross political boundaries. - You're in soverign territory against
> local police forces. - On foot or on wheels. - Cameras everywhere,
> discretion kept how? - Whether you strictly follow "never use the
> same place twice", or not. - Locating tech deployed directly by
> adversary vs. adversary utilizing tech deployed by local utilities
> that serve the population. - How to operate on limited resources
> against the "haves".
>
> Land lines are out since you'd churn through safe lines, unless
> you're tapping into them. Also wifi, cellular, satcom,
> pamphleting.
>
> Some examples could be drawn from the "wars" in the mideast. ie:
> You're spotted and fixed by undercover CIA agent, then droned 15
> min later.
>
> What are your goals as a cyber guerrilla or OPSEC oriented
> individual or group in various tactical and strategic situations
> that you have an affinity with? What are the greator goals?
>
> What are the likely interest areas of a cyber guerrilla beyond
> personal survival of water, food, shelter?

Local surfing conditions
The sensation of the air as the wind blows
The sound of a laugh
A smile

> Do wide and local comms channels have trade value? How to maintain
> them?

Carefully

> Any any other things related to cyber war, OPSEC type things that
> keep you alive / valued when bucket is kicked, even if you're
> sheeple....

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn