Introduce randommess in keypress timings

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 22:39:10 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Michael Nelson <nelson_mikel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 4. Twizzlers.  One is that I allowed arbitrary shifty characters in my phrase.  So in fact our user could simply tap her favorite rhythm on the Ctrl key, for her authentication factor.  Worked fine.

Is there anything that tells us how many bits of entropy are found
in the brainsong (rhythm, melody) of random users? Such that
such a song could be read into passphrase data via software
and the PC keyboard controller. What are the requirements
of a strong song to reach 80/128/256 bits? Note that it is not
necessarily specific keys, but also, or primarily depress length,
multiple press, interpress timing, etc.