What is this "Weird garbled Windows 7 update"?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Fri Oct 2 08:05:24 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 04:14:26PM +0200, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> Maybe not owned, but at least without accidentally-press-publish protection.
>
> (if it's this easy to mispublish a test update, how hard would it be for an
> employee to publish an exploit?)

Feel free to forward this to whomever it may concern.

As I blogged, why should their "alleged test updates" contain
.gov/.mil/.edu domains?

As an aside, the "garbage text" might just be some easy to break ASCII?
friendly cypher/obfuscation. (certainly sufficiently long OTP would
decrypt it to whatever, but something short is not expected to decrypt
it to (l33t?) English IMHO).