How to go about sharing (was: one of a dozen threads about Cryptome)

Michael Best themikebest@gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:11:20 PDT 2015

Thoughts - All good advice in it's own way, but mostly it seems
unnecessary. Aside from copyright and reprint issues, 99% of what's on
Cryptome is not only open source, it's not really objectionable in terms of
hosting it.

TheCthulhu does a great job of distributing large amounts of data, but
that's it's own thing and requires an ongoing budget and infrastructure.

I figure with Archive.org I can distribute 99.9% of material and not worry
about copyright, bandwidth, etc. If it turns out there's a violation I
missed, the item gets taken down - not the entire site or all the uploads.
On the rare occasion that there's something else, I'd rather take whatever
steps are needed to distribute it then rather than try to build my own
independent infrastructure ahead of time.

Things to add? Holes to poke in my logic?