Snowden on the Twitters

oshwm oshwm@openmailbox.org
Wed Sep 30 23:45:26 PDT 2015

Yeh, that opinion came after an exchange with Greenwald on Twitter about
releasing the entire cache but unfortunately that Twitter account is
gone now due to Twitter's hatred of Tor so I can't fish it out.

But if you read through quotes from Snowden himself you see that he
leaked the information to cause a debate about how we should be
governed, not because he thinks the Government should be transparent.

A quote from his Wikipedia page (yeh I know no-one trusts Wikipedia but
sometimes it's handy):-

"For me, in terms of personal satisfaction, the mission's already
accomplished. I already won. As soon as the journalists were able to
work, everything that I had been trying to do was validated. Because,
remember, I didn't want to change society. I wanted to give society a
chance to determine if it should change itself. All I wanted was for the
public to be able to have a say in how they are governed."