Brief history lesson on Islam - Fwd: ALA Senate candidate Bernard Gaynor struts his stuff in a powerful speech.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Nov 30 15:10:25 PST 2015

On 11/30/15, Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> The "Christian" ethic of "turn the other cheek" can be, and I say is,
>> abused.
>
> Is the 'christian ethic of turn the other cheek' even present in the
> oldest version of the new testament. Or is it just as badly butchered as
> every other so-called 'holy book'?

Butchered.

How do people live, what do they believe. Do the majority have a right
to self determination, or should the politicians get the say?

For example direct democracy?

Or will that just produce the tyranny of the majority or the tyranny
of the stupid?

With "democracy" and its reduction to two party system (the
Liberal/Labour of Australia, or Democratic/Republican of America)
things are so corrupt, so despotic, that something has to change.

We have the people we have. And however we might "improve" things, we
have to start with who we are.