Russia bans purchase of foreign non-niche software in Russian state agencies

Tomas Overdrive Petru tpetru at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 23:38:32 PST 2015

On 21.11.15 10:55, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Another article on the same topic. Although I like the phrase
> "complete sovereignty of information" I think it is vague - seems they
> mean "Russian government sovereignty over all domestic information
> processing" or something, which of course will have positive flow on
> effects, at least in the medium to longer term, for the domestic
> Russian software industry. Way to go Russia! More countries should act
> in such a protectionist way. What's the point of a country if it
> doesn't look after its own citizens and national interests?
This happened once in Czech Republic, too. Totalitarian government
banned all electronic software and books from "capitalistic" countries.
It ended with Czech republic 20y after mainstream industry and science
before revolution.
Of course it given totalitarian government another reason why and what
for punish its citizens.
Who was smart and courageous tried to emigrate therefore country lost
most of good scientists, too.
So much for interests of your own citizens.
BTW at that time it was invention of Soviets same way.

Regards,
- Over

--
“Borders I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.”
  ―     Thor Heyerdahl

Telegram................... at over23
facebook chat..............overdrive23 at chat.facebook.com
facebook...................facebook.com/overdrive23
projects...................https://brmlab.cz/user/overdrive
twitter....................https://twitter.com/#!/over2393
last.fm....................http://www.last.fm/user/overdrive23
GnuPG key FingerPrint......08EA E4DC EF85 0F02 9267 5B48 2E58 6902 C5F8 794C
Public key ................http://overdrive.dronezone.eu/overdrive.txt