Russia bans purchase of foreign non-niche software in Russian state agencies

Anton Nesterov komachi at openmailbox.org
Sat Nov 21 07:52:41 PST 2015

Russia is just active as US on spying on it's own citizens, if not more,
yes, in the name of the same "national interests", although in this case
it seems to be more about money.

A kind of way to bypass that already found by Eset, they just partner
with Russian company and sell the same product as Russian-origin. Of
course this means that price for Eset products will be higher for
authorities and money will leave Russian budget for no reason.

Also Russian analogs which has no way to compete with foreign software
because of quality and price now can survive only by selling their shit
to the government.

And if you thought that opensource will take place of foreign
proprietary software, it's not true. Only in the form of proprietary
Russian product using some GPL/etc. codebase in violation of these licenses.

Corruption in Russia is very real and strong.

Zenaan Harkness:

--
https://nesterov.pw
GPG key: 0CE8 65F1 9043 2B11 25A5 74A7 1187 6869 67AA 56E4