[FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sat Nov 14 01:51:55 PST 2015

Dnia niedziela, 8 listopada 2015 08:24:11 oshwm pisze:
> So, the issue is one of motivation, not difficulty.

It's both. Have you tried using Enigmail or Mailvelope? Oh man. Enigmail on
Windoze last time I checked couldn't handle passwords with non-ASCII chars (I
think this is *still true*). Mailvelope requires you to explicitly select the
keys you want to encrypt your message with instead of at least pre-filling the
list with addressees of the e-mail.

The most usable PGP/GPG interface I've seen (and am still using, even though
there are other problems with the broader setup) is KMail+KGPG. And it could
*still* be much more convenient.

Simple thing that any such interface could do to make key
exchange/verification much easier and manageable to 90% of people is letting
you use key fingerprints instead of e-mails in the To/CC fields:
http://rys.io/pl/122

And yes, motivation is a large, large issue too! But usability of most of the
tools is dismal.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak