Cpunk Propaganda To Reach The Sheeple [New functionality of Facebook]

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Thu Nov 12 13:32:51 PST 2015

On 11/12/2015 01:25 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Steve Kinney
> <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:
>> There's a lot to dislike about The Facebook, but I do my best
>> to assure that my participation causes more harm to the
>> opposition team than to my own interests.  They do get a
>> constantly updated map of a big chunk of my real-world social
>> network, and that kind of collection used to cost money and
>> deplete finite resources dammit.  But then, so did reaching a
>> receptive audience with anarchist propaganda and commentary,
>> so, I figure it for a break-even proposition.
>
> Everyone bitches about having a hard time reaching the
> sheeple, from their tech lab in the basement that is. So
> similar above, to reach them you have to go to them, to their
> boring online "forums" and facebooks, the ones about football,
> beer, trucks, sewing, baby raising, cooking, etc... just start
> posting links to news stories you want them to see... all
> automated from the comfort of your basement.

Promoting news, propaganda, links to offsite documents and
archives "of interest," etc. is easy, fun, and necessary.  But one
should not neglect the shoe leather aspects of the game.  I have
been involved with "political activism" off and on since the
1970s, and I never saw anything like the revival of Anarchy
following Occupy.

In my view Occupy was a tremendous success, because the camps
became venues for intensive political education and practical
training that changed the nature of radical politics and populist
actions in the U.S.  We still have many miles left to go, but at
least something's finally on the move again.

The anarchist veterans of Occupy seem to be the glue that holds a
lot of today's ad hoc activist coalitions together, because Occupy
taught its participants how to run consensus driven groups, and
gave them practical experience in organizing and executing public
events in a spectrum from "family friendly" to rude and
confrontational.

The Obama abomination stirred up a lot of middle class Liberals;
their demographic is now well represented in public events that
have little or nothing to do with partisan politics. The Bernie
business is likely to bring a large wave of mad as hell, not gonna
take it any more adults out of the woodwork. From every hundred or
so who show up for a well organized public event sponsored by
radicals, three or four are likely to stick and help run the next on
e.

"Anarchy finds work for idle hands."  Everybody has their own jobs
to do, determined by their interests, abilities and motivations. A
keyboard and mouse may be enough for some folks, and those who do
it well contribute a lot of value.  But the ones who get up on
their feet and down to the street will be the ones who actually
change something.  How can a local community voluntarily blow up
the bridge over the swamp and raise their own flag, without a
process for consensus and people who know how to beat some
practical results out of the resulting clusterfuck?

"Training tomorrow's trainers and challenging tomorrow's leaders"
is widely recognized as Serious Business:  Anyone who can find a
functional radical crew, jump on board and stars contributing real
work will be brought along pretty quickly.

:o)