FOIPA adventures

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:19:49 PST 2015

On 11/10/15, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 	So coderman, you've been doing this for months. What useful
> 	information have your masters graciously given you so far?

the full retrospective at 1yr mark in January, however, useful aspects so far:

- wide variety of requests and processing activity, which is useful
for discerning aspects of FOIA processing at agencies of interest.

- learned indicators of obfuscation or delay, which in turn is signal
to dig deeper, aggressively appeal and follow up.

- used specific requests as leverage to open up additional
information. E.g. the laser specific "Count of Kingfish devices" which
returned counts, while purchase orders and other details around
Stingrays and cell site simulators in general get a Glomar.

- other tidbits of varying interest. E.g. the multiple MuckRock
articles making use of my responsive documents.

[ all this in turn useful for sekrit $full_auto_FOIA project :]

that answer your question?