[FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

Tomas Overdrive Petru tpetru at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:33:00 PST 2015

Just question to plenum: do we know, why eg. Enigmail is not standard
part of Thunderbird?
It is extremely confortable and easy way how to encrypt emails.
Same counts for Pidgin and OTR plugin... e.g. Adium do have crypto as
standard part.
Isn't it possible that more we are paranoid about merging plugins to
upstream clients code more barriers we are putting between ordinary user
and crypto?

Btw. I have heard nice thing from one of random people at some musical gig:
"Today young are bunch of idiots they do not care about any system
without *that crypto*"

It made me laugh.

This proposition of law not so much. Is there some legal way how to say
"NO THANK YOU"?

We know already that CCTV is not way to make streets safer place same as
prohibition of drugs will not cause end of its abusing.

IMHO there is no reason to prohibit something in case you want to get a
rid of it. It just does not work.

Regards,
- Over

--
“Borders I have never seen one. But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.”
  ―     Thor Heyerdahl

Telegram................... at over23
facebook...................facebook.com/overdrive23
projects...................https://brmlab.cz/user/overdrive
twitter....................https://twitter.com/#!/over2393
last.fm....................http://www.last.fm/user/overdrive23
GnuPG key FingerPrint......08EA E4DC EF85 0F02 9267 5B48 2E58 6902 C5F8 794C
Public key ................http://overdrive.dronezone.eu/overdrive.txt