UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

Joseph Gentle me at josephg.com
Thu Nov 5 21:11:20 PST 2015

> I wonder what measures they have in store for those who truly
> wish to protect their privacy using decentralised tools?

They don't care about us. Australia has banned guns. If you work
really hard at it you can still get a gun in australia, but its really
inconvenient. Simply making guns inconvenient has resulted in far
fewer gun-related crimes. They'll never get the last 1% of guns out of
people's hands, but it turns out they don't actually need to.

Crypto is going to be the same - lets be honest here - if Apple,
Google and Facebook are prevented from providing good security out of
the box, how many people will take the extra steps to install and use
Signal? The government doesn't care about *us*. They care about making
sure the remaining 99% of citizens are monitored.

-J