Zerocoin Startup Revives the Dream of Truly Anonymous Money

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:07:23 PST 2015

On 11/4/15, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Zerocoin’s coming launch as a startup, by contrast, revives the
>>cryptocurrency community’s dream of truly anonymous money—with all the
>>promises and perils that come with it. Stay tuned.
>
> Tor + Ethereum + Augur + Zerocoin = ????????
> The tools are coming together nicely.

:)

> Although, I think that Tor could use a little improvement.  Its three-hop
> method is limited and old.

this is actually the subject of ongoing, varied research in terms of
better protections (like Guard selection improvements) to wild
architectures in a datagram world using user space stacks and
optimized dependent link padding across locally classed traffic.

https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/research
 and
http://freehaven.net/anonbib/
 span the gamut.

> Further, there should be an automatic system to
> generatedecoy messages at each stage in the transfer, built into the Tor
> protocol itself.(as well as the generation of spontaneous fake messages when
> network traffic is low.

this is where optimized dependent link padding coupled to locally
classified traffic (signalling|control, interactive, streamingmedia,
bulk transfer, etc.) shows promise.

benefits of padding with a fraction of the bandwidth...

> Routers should be equipped with Tor relay
> capability built-in.

the Tor Router idea is a sore spot :(
 maybe one day?