The (Technological) Shadows in the Cave

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Nov 26 05:38:05 PST 2015

On 11/26/15, Razer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> Thought I'd throw this out there...
>
> The Archdruid Report
>
> Druid perspectives on nature, culture, and the future of industrial society
> Here again,
> there’s some heavy-duty illogic involved.

Damn how humans can be scary. If Intelligence at one end of a scale
(e.g. "inability to grok a concept, say 'filter', leading to
aggression leading to lynching") is a threat to me (who might not grok
filter, but at least recognises it's just a word), then intelligence
towards the other end of the scale might well be seen as a threat to
those towards the first end of the scale.

I guess that's why all "great" revolutionaries (Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao)
slaughter those at one particular end of the scale - from Cambodia to
Russia, a new ideology must destroy those who might question the new
"religious" ideology - extremism must destroy those opponents to, i.e.
those who are competent to challenge, the newly imposed extremism.