Re: ISIS has ‘help desk’ to aid would-be terrorists with encryption

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:02:39 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the U.S. govt -- e.g., OPM & Brennan -- should consider emulating these opsec help desks.
>
> Also, wouldn't an encryption 'help desk' have to be unencrypted/insecure *by definition* ?
>
> I mean, if these guys need so much help doing encryption, they'd never even be able to access an encrypted help desk in the first place.

No, just like basic access to the Internet, basic access to darknet
resources is now but a click away. That's a good thing for everyone,
not just criminals or those who need the security. You'd be amazed
at how fast some of the darknet social sites are growing with just
people socializing about art, their dogs, hobbies and whatever.
An uncensorable early version of the net, people are talking and
sharing freely with each other, it's working.

> I don't know if Johnny can encrypt, but we keep hearing rumors that Muhammad can.

Seems the NSA's been posting session transcripts all over the tubes
the last couple days...
https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion/comments/3t2g15/isis_has_help_desk_for_terrorists_staffed_around/