States Storing And Selling Your DNA At Birth Without Explicit Notice Consent (TBA: Hospitals Doctors Testlabs Too)

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sat Nov 14 09:59:35 PST 2015

On November 14, 2015 8:43:49 AM Georgi Guninski <guninski at guninski.com> wrote:

> > .... Using DNA extracted from a stamp
> > licked by the artist
>

> Definitely don't believe usable human DNA on a stamp can survive over
> 120 years unless very carefully preserved since the beginning

Sorry, I hit the enter key by mistake.

Wanted to add: when collecting oral fluids for HIV tests, we use a buccal
swab which needs to be in contact with the oral mucosa for a few seconds in
order to absorb a sample good enough to perform an accurate ELISA.  So I
too doubt the viability/usability of a saliva sample on an old stamp.

Still, I will continue to use a sponge to seal my envelopes...that glue
tastes nasty ;)

-S