[FORGED] Re: [FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

oshwm oshwm at openmailbox.org
Sat Nov 14 02:17:07 PST 2015

Ok, how about this then...

Your idea on your blog is pretty cool but I think there is an even
simpler way to handle this.

When you sign up for a new mail account, the mail provider generates a
public/private key pair.

It automatically pushes the public key to PGP key servers around the
globe (including its own key servers that it maintains).

The private key is stored by your email provider but protected with your
mail account password (not perfect but simple).

Whenever you send an email to anyone, their email addresses are used to
find a public key for them and then the email is automatically encrypted
and signed using your private key.

For those people who sign up to other services then they can during the
sign up process, allow that service to access their private key to link
the service to their email and their GPG identity - but it can be done
using very simple language such as "allow linking to your email").

For existing mail accounts, the email provider can offer to add
additional security to the users mail account without mentioning PGP
even once.
All of the necessary simplified jargon to do this exists in the day to
day language used by people using email.

More advanced users could have access through 'advanced' mail client
menus if they wanted it etc.

There you go, this could even be done for people who just don't give a
shit about privacy with pretty much no effort and no special language.

let me know once you're done implementing it :D

Cheers,
oshwm.