[FORGED] Re: [FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 14:02:13 PST 2015

  From: Tomas Overdrive Petru <tpetru at gmail.com>

On 08/11/15 08:40, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>> ... and this is pretty much the poster child for why we have so much unusable
>>> crypto today.
>> Or, why we have such a fucking retarded human race with the attention
>> span of a knat who expect everything to be given to them on a plate.
>> People have to stop being lazy and start taking an interest and
>> responsibility for what goes on in the world around them - your point of
>> view re-inforces the dumbing down of the population and the increase in
>> power of the Government and big Corps.
>> Peter.
<snip>
>We can teach, script and just do it better and without extreme barriers
>for people to adopt crypto seamlessly.
>We do not need to have it perfect, same as robots are not perfect when
>driving. It is just enough to be better than average.

In https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whitehead
"It is a profoundly erroneous truism, repeated by all copy-books and by eminent people when they are making speeches, that we should cultivate the habit of thinking of what we are doing. The precise opposite is the case. Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which we can perform without thinking about them. Operations of thought are like cavalry charges in a battle — they are strictly limited in number, they require fresh horses, and must only be made at decisive moments."
[end of quote]