[FORGED] Re: [FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

oshwm oshwm at openmailbox.org
Mon Nov 9 14:03:03 PST 2015

Gonna top post cos I can :P

If I seem angry then it is because everyone seems to say that making a
nice easy to use User Interface will solve all the problems with people
not using crypto.
This is not the case, Enigmail is a pretty easy to use UI for PGP and
yet ordinary people aren't using it.

The vast majority of people (not through their own fault, originally)
have been programmed to be spoon fed the answers to their needs, not
question authority and to only have a 20 second attention span.

These are the issues that need addressing, pretty crypto is useful but
it will not address these issues.
So, go ahead and make pretty crypto UI and see how much of a difference
it makes, or find a way (and I'm at a loss myself here) to motivate the
sheeple to invest time and effort and overcome their programming.