[FORGED] Re: [FORGED] Re: UK To Ban Crypto In Devices, Email And More

oshwm oshwm at openmailbox.org
Sun Nov 8 11:34:00 PST 2015

So...

Click on the little options button (three lines) at the top right of
Thunderbird.
Hover over Enigmail and click on Key Management.
A list of local copies of keys will appear, including my own private ones.
I double click on my key to show the details about it.
This includes the creation date of 23/07/15.

Well, that was quite simple, its almost as if someone created a not
perfect but workable User Interface called Enigmail - it even has a
Wizard for creating new keys and configuring Thunderbird.

It's gets more tricky if you have multiple email accounts in Thunderbird
but not prohibitively so.

It's not created by Apple so the shiny things fanboi's will hate it.

That seems easy enough though that even a Windows user could manage it.

The tough bit is understanding crypto but with analogies about keys and
shit then most people only need a superficial understanding of how to
USE GPG rather than Prime Numbery stuff - they should be able to cope.