Zerocoin Startup Revives the Dream of Truly Anonymous Money

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 10:10:54 PST 2015

  From: coderman <coderman at gmail.com>
>Zooko++

>http://www.wired.com/2015/11/zerocoin-startup-revives-the-dream-of-truly-anonymous-money/

>   Andy Greenberg    Date of Publication: 11.04.15.

>Zerocoin Startup Revives the Dream of Truly Anonymous Money
>Bitcoin, despite its reputation as anonymous internet cash, was never
>designed for perfectly private payments. For the promise of fully
>untraceable money, cryptocurrency fans have been waiting for
>Zerocoin—a technology designed to have default uncrackable anonymity.
>After years of development, that incognito cryptocash is finally
>showing signs of a life, now in the form of a stealthy startup.

<snip>

>Zerocoin’s coming launch as a startup, by contrast, revives the
>cryptocurrency community’s dream of truly anonymous money—with all the
>promises and perils that come with it. Stay tuned.
Tor + Ethereum + Augur + Zerocoin = ????????
The tools are coming together nicely.
Although, I think that Tor could use a little improvement.  Its three-hop method is limited and old.  Further, there should be an automatic system to generatedecoy messages at each stage in the transfer, built into the Tor protocol itself.(as well as the generation of spontaneous fake messages when network traffic is low.  Routers should be equipped with Tor relay capability built-in.
         Jim Bell