[Cryptography] Clipperz

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:24:30 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Stéphane Mourey
<stephane.mourey at impossible-exil.info> wrote:
> Has anyone tryied Clipperz (https://clipperz.is) ?
> In any case, have you an opinion to share about it ?

If they're pushing their miracle crypto code down into your
browser for execution, then it's garbage. So are all other
self proclaimed centralized corporate crypto services that
do the same thing, or force you to use their special client.
Because someday they will either be forced or subverted into
pushing bad code and compromising some user, quite possibly you.
Come back when you can install and pin down peer
reviewed third party crypto code in your browser,
or use any client that meets an open API spec they publish.
Better yet, support and use p2p storage and messaging instead
of central corporate services. Or at least do it locally
and store it on a few $5 shells if you need it online.

> Clipperz... "knows nothing about you and your data"

Nothing? Really? I'll bet anyone on these lists .1337 BTC they do.