Value of Earth Human Life

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun Nov 1 18:25:31 PST 2015

On 11/01/2015 02:25 AM, jim bell wrote:

<SNIP>

> While the first few collected rewards would probably be in the tens
> of thousands of dollars range, after a few hundred are collected I
> think the price could easily drop to the low thousands.

Really? Let's say that there was a viable AP system. What would bids be
like for top US officials? There are maybe a couple billion people who
want them dead. Even at $1 each, that's a lot of money!

Also, consider the potential for collateral damage. Let's say that I'm
the captain of a Russian nuclear sub. The aggregate value of the US
Congress might hit $100 billion, no? So what might I do? First, kill my
crew, after making suitable arrangements. Then nuke Washington, and
collect my winnings. Maybe drop out for a few years in some deep part of
the Pacific. Then buy an island, and retire.

<SNIP>