The BlackList

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun Nov 1 17:51:25 PST 2015

On 11/01/2015 01:52 PM, Juan wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:16:15 -0700
> coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/15, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 	It seems (kinda obvious) to me that to get rid of 'high
>>> 	ranking' targets you need a 'professional' service, agree?
>>
>> no, this is movie plot thinking.
>
> 	Ha. That's a funny remark because I was just thinking that AP
> 	does sound like literary fiction so far.

Well, the idea has been kicked around for 20 years, and little has come
of it. Maybe that's because it's still unworkable. How are people going
to bid anonymously? Is Tor good enough for that? A viable AP market
would draw TLAs to Tor like dogs to shit. And they would cooperate.

Also, how would bidders pay anonymously when targets were killed? There
is no inherently anonymous payment system that's widely available. Maybe
anonymized Bitcoin, after a few mixes through Tor, would make the nut.
Or maybe creative carding. Maybe y'all reading this could manage it. But
what about the clueless masses who might be motivated to bid?

I don't know whether AP would take down governments. Hell, I'm not even
sure whether that would be prudent. But I am certain that many bidders
would go down, through cluelessness or system compromise.