[tor-talk] OTR and logging

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:23:49 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Michael McConville
<mmcconv1 at sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> Tor Messenger *definitely* shouldn't log by default. This defeats much
> of the purpose of private chat, and many people back up unencrypted to
> the cloud. I think the OTR people specifically suggest that you don't
> log.

You're a fool if you think your "private chat" isn't loggable or
being logged just because whatever app you're using doesn't
have a logging / recording button. Fix your belief... regardless
of whether or not the button exists. That's all I'm saying.