Western media: "224 Russians dead? They deserved it. 130 French dead? OMG the world must grieve!"

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Sun Nov 22 13:58:54 PST 2015

One particular paragraph from the following opinion piece stands out,
in a sense a brief modern follow on from Solzhenitsyn.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/week-seven-russian-intervention-syria-dramatic-surge-intensity/ri11336
"Oh how much I wish most people in the West could understand Russian
read the Russians newspapers, watch Russian talkshows or listen to
Russian conferences! They would see something which they have been
conditioned to consider impossible: far from fearing the West, most
Russians find it crippled with narrow-minded consumerism, devoid from
any real moral or ethical values, fantastically ignorant and
provincial and suffering from terminal infantilism. Even the tiny
pro-Western minority now gave up on defending the West and, at most,
it retorts against the typical tsunami of anti-western arguments
something like “what about us – are we not as bad?” or even “let’s not
sink down to their level!”. It is quite amazing to see that happening
in a country which used to almost worship anything western just 20-30
years ago! I should add that if the most despised and ridiculed
country must, of course, be Poland, France is not far behind in the
list of “most pathetic”, As for the USA, it is the least despised
adversary simply because most Russian respect the US for defending
whatever it perceives has its national interests and for making Europe
it’s “bitch”. The Russians always say that to get something done one
must talk to the USA and waste time with its European colony."