A Most Convenient Massacre!

Александр afalex169@gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:46:54 PST 2015

*Preamble: Our hearts go out in sorrow and grief to all those families and
friends of all the truly innocent humans who were really murdered during or
after the events in Paris by whomsoever. Their violent death certainly was
and remains a heinous and appalling crime for which the real culprits must
be brought to true justice.But, we can also not close our eyes from seeing
facts, which in these increasing numbers of "terrorist-attacks" do not fit
the "official" narrative or do not match the fake news-blasts of the
masterminded mainstream media, nor can we close our ears from the likewise
appalling war-cries on all sides of those who declare and let others fight
war (which in future's hindsight will and can only be seen as a war on
their own people) and first of all we will not close our ears and eyes from
the the cries and the plight of all those many innocent people in the
war-zones in and around Syria, the Middle East as well as North and Central
Africa, who suffer endlessly, have to finally flee their homeland.or get
killed in the proxy-wars of neo-colonialism.Thousands get killed there
every month, survivors in the tens of thousands have to flee and millions
of the population remaining behind suffer without any genuine help in
sight.*

​*​*

*A Most Convenient MassacreWhat a difference a single massacre can make!By
Dmitry Orlov*

November 17, 2015 "Information Clearing House" -  Just a week ago the EU
couldn't possibly figure out anything to do to stop the influx of
“refugees” from all those countries the US and NATO had bombed into
oblivion. But now, because “Paris changed everything,” EU's borders are
being locked down and refugees are being turned back.

• Just a week ago it seemed that the EU was going to be swamped by
resurgent nationalism, with incumbent political parties poised to get voted
out of power. But now, thanks to the Paris massacre, they have obtained a
new lease on life, because they can now safely embrace the same policies
that a week ago they branded as “fascist.”

• Just a week ago the EU and the US couldn't possibly bring themselves
admit that they are utterly incompetent when it comes to combating their
own creation—ISIS, that is—and need Russian help. But now, at the
après-Paris G-20 summit, everybody is ready to line up and let Putin take
charge of the war against terrorism. Look—the Americans finally found those
convoys of tanker trucks stretching beyond the horizon that ISIS has been
using to smuggle out stolen Syrian crude oil—after Putin showed them the
satellite photos!

Am I being crass and insensitive? Not at all—I deplore all the deaths from
terrorist attacks in Iraq, in Syria, in Lebanon, and in all the other
countries whose populations did absolutely nothing to deserve such
treatment. I only feel half as bad about the French, who stood by quietly
as their military helped destroy Libya (which did nothing to deserve it).

*Note that after the Russian jet crashed in the Sinai there weren't all
that many Facebook avatars with the Russian flag pasted over them, and
hardly any candlelight vigils or piles of wreaths and flowers in various
Western capitals. I even detected a whiff of smug satisfaction that the
Russians got their comeuppance for stepping out of line in Syria.Why the
difference in reaction? Simple: you were told to grieve for the French, so
you did. You were not told to grieve for the Russians, and so you didn't.
Don't feel bad; you are just following orders. The reasoning behind these
orders is transparent: the French, along with the rest of the EU, are
Washington's willing puppets; therefore, they are innocent, and when they
get killed, it's a tragedy. But the Russians are not Washington's willing
puppet, and are not innocent, and so when they get killed by terrorists,
it's punishment. And when Iraqis, or Syrians, or Nigerians get killed by
terrorists, that's not a tragedy either, for a different reason: they are
too poor to matter. In order to qualify as a victim of a tragedy, you have
to be each of these three things: 1. a US-puppet, 2. rich and 3. dead.*

Also, you probably believe that the terrorist attacks in Paris were the
genuine article—nobody knew it would happen, and it couldn't have been
stopped, because these terrorists are just too clever for the ubiquitous
state surveillance to detect. Don't feel bad about that either; you are
just believing what you are told to believe. You probably also believe that
jet fuel can melt steel girders and that skyscrapers collapse into their
own footprints (whether they've been hit by airplanes or not). You can
certainly believe whatever you like, but here are a couple of
easy-to-understand tips on telling what's real from what's fake:

1. If it's fake, the perpetrators are known immediately (and sometimes
beforehand). If it's real, then the truth is uncovered as a result of a
thorough investigation. So, for instance, on 9/11 the guilty party were a
bunch of Saudis armed with box cutters (some of whom are, paradoxically,
still alive). And in Paris we knew right away that this was done by
ISIS—even before we knew who the perpetrators were. And when that Malaysian
jet got shot down over Ukraine, we knew right away that it was the
Russians' fault (never mind that on that day the Ukrainians deployed an air
defense system, and also scrambled a couple of jets armed with air-to-air
missiles— against an enemy that doesn't have an air force). Note, however,
how we still don't know what happened with the Russian jet over Sinai (the
article was written on November 17, 2015 - before the Russian investigation
revealed the ISIS bomb in the jet). That case is still under
investigation—as it should be. If it's real, officials stall for time and
urge caution while scrambling to find out what happened. When it's fake,
the officials are ready to go with the Big Lie, and then do everything they
can to make it stick, suppressing what shreds of evidence can be
independently gathered.

2. If it's fake, than you should also expect cute little touches: designer
logos for publicity campaigns ready to launch at a moment's notice, be it
“Je suis Charlie” or that cute little Eiffel Tower inscribed in a peace
symbol. There weren't any props to go with the Russian jet disaster—unless
you count that tasteful Charlie Hebdo cartoon of a jihadi rocket having
anal sex with an airliner. There might also be a few traditional titbits
designed to feed a media frenzy, such as a fake passport found lying next
to one of the perpetrators—because when terrorists go on suicide missions
they always take their fake passports with them. The people who are charged
with designing these events lack imagination and usually just go with
whatever worked before.

We should certainly expect there to be more fake massacres of this
sort—whenever the political situation becomes sufficiently fraught to call
for one—because at this point ready-to-go jihadi terrorist cells are
something of a sunk cost and can be deployed very cheaply and effectively.
Of course we should grieve for the victims, but there is something far more
important at stake than mere human lives, which are, deplorably, becoming
cheaper with each passing year. We should grieve for the truth.