FOIA MuckRock API

Michael Best themikebest@gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:43:48 PST 2015

I've been in on-and-off contact with Michael Morisy over at MuckRock, and
one of the things that's come up is the API script that they're working on
the export the FOIA requests and responses. Unfortunately, the script crashes
after processing a few dozen, but not consistently - likely the result of
character encoding issues. He's given me permission to share the
in-progress script.

https://github.com/MuckRock/API-examples/blob/master/export_all_requests_as_files.py

If anyone is able to look at the code and offer any ideas about solutions
(or even pinpointing the problem), it'd be a great public service. I'm not
code savvy enough to help, but I'm hoping someone on the list can bring in
some fresh eyes and help MuckRock get the script working.

--Mike