cry-bullies

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Sun Nov 8 04:58:07 PST 2015

Sometimes lack of terminology is disempowering - that which is
unspoken ("un-named") dominating a conversation online or offline.

For anyone appreciative of succinct terminology, perhaps "cry-bully"
might be useful in certain conversations you have. Courtesy Daniel
Greenfield.

SJW = social justice warrior

---
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260687/islam-social-justice-warriors-and-cry-bully-daniel-greenfield

Islam, Social Justice Warriors and the Cry-Bully
I don't know if Cry-Bullies is the perfect word, but it captures the
dynamic perfectly.
November 7, 2015
Daniel Greenfield

This phenomenon of the abuser-victim is ridiculously widespread these
days. Every Social Justice Warrior that organizes a hate campaign
quickly rushes to friendly media outlets to whine about harassment and
their heroic stand against people doing to them what they do to
others. I'm not sure if Cry-Bully is the best name for it, but I
haven't come up with anything better for it.

That's Julie Burchill's label at the Spectator. I've stripped out most
of the UK pop culture references to focus on the point.

    This is the age of the Cry-Bully, a hideous hybrid of victim and
victor, weeper and walloper. They are everywhere, these duplicit
Pushmi-Pullyus of the personal and the political...

    In the 1970s, there was a big difference between bullies and cry-babies.

     Islamism is the ultimate Cry-Bully cause; on one hand stamping
around murdering anyone who doesn’ t agree with you, on the other hand
yelling ‘ISLAMOPHOBIA’ in lieu of having a real adult debate about the
merits of your case. Their ‘helpline’ is even called Tell Mama –
bless. The British-born Islamist recently sentenced to twelve years
had no problem posing with severed heads (‘Heads, kaffirs,
disgusting’) and asking friends back home to send him condoms which he
planned to use raping women captured as ‘war booty’ but then claimed
to be having nightmares and suffering from depression in order to
escape jail.

I would argue that the same brand of selfishness and dehumanization
that leads to abusive behavior also leads to victimhood.

We've known this about criminals for some time now. They're all
victims. No matter what horrible things they did, someone else always
drove them to it. They're self-centered enough not to care about
anyone else while being exquisitely attuned to their own feelings. As
I wrote a few weeks ago...

    The one thing that Muslim murderers excel at is playing the
victim. Someone always “made” Mohammed do it. Someone got him so
frustrated and upset that he had no choice but to rape and kill.

    There’s a term for the kind of people who think like this;
criminals. There’s a term for the kind of people who defend them;
leftists.

    The Muslim case for justice can be found in the books of a million
police departments where all the stories begin with the criminal
feeling sorry for himself and end in hospitals and morgues. The story
always begins with, “I wanted what was coming to me” or “She shouldn’t
have made me angry.”

But this isn't limited to Muslims. You can see it in the Black Lives
Matter tantrums. Or the anti-Gamergate crowd. They're the victims and
it's always someone else's fault.

The entire passive aggressive narrative of safe spaces (if you don't
censor people who disagree with us, we're the victims) turns abusers
into victims, censors into heroes defending their mental health from
dissenting views and the victim-victor paradigm is constantly flipping
from one to the other.

One moment the SJW hero is doing an end zone dance over having
defeated the latest cultural enemy. The next moment they're crying
over mean stuff said to them on Twitter. They're narcissistic and
insecure. They want to be treated as helpless heroes, victims of some
terrible social disease (not that kind) that leaves them always out of
power and yet always winning. Their sensitivities have to be
accommodated and censorship is their trophy. They're all about
inclusiveness for special people like them, while driving out and
shutting up anyone who disagrees with them.