Threat Model: Parents

Cathal (Phone) cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Sun May 31 02:33:04 PDT 2015

I'm not one to call parents who surveil children "Orwellian": a parent's job is to prepare a child for the world and protect them from the world. Some parent:child combos are trusting and the children are sane. Others, not; and it is *not* always the parent's fault if their kids aren't well-behaved human beings as teens.

That said, it's a teenager's prerogative to explore what it means to be an adult as they approach the day they take ownership of themselves, and to push boundaries and make mistakes. So, push-back and assertion of self and future rights is normal, too.