Threat Model: Parents

Irving Poe alexiswattel at gmail.com
Sun May 31 00:51:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

My best guess would be to use their own weapons against them.
Check the history to know what software have they installed. If nothing
shows up, go for the stored cookies, recently opened documents, etc...
There is always a lot of traces remnant to a computer utilization.
Without knowing what their weapon is, you can't do anything. As said, it
can be a hardware keylogger which will prevent any software
countermeasures.

Finding what happened on a computer is called forensics, research it online
to find relevant information, and then with specifying which OS your target
is to find more relevant details.

Good luck, and stay free.

On 31 May 2015 03:24:45 GMT+01:00, Gadit Bielman <
thetransintransgenic at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to help (probably badly, but..) a friend deal with parents
that they expect are spying on them.
 Wipe the machine, install fresh and clean Linux, and then password lock
the BIOS.