[OT] Karl Rove's confusion about capacity of NSA's Utah data center.

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Wed May 27 09:12:32 PDT 2015

On 05/26/2015 02:57 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Whoa! 16k! That's -twice- what my CoCo (Tandy color computer for all
> yous whippasnappas)
Trashy80s had more than 8K didn't they? My Coco3 came with 128 (I
upgraded to 512 but never got around to the hard drive kit nor did I
ever get the thing run 9600 baud using OS9 l2 with hacked kernel and
RS232pak.)

It was a "warm" Coco, not a Hot CoCo (RIP Wayne Green, 73 & Hot CoCo
magazine)

Kept the thing for years after MS-Dos took over the PC market just to
illustrate how crappy MS-Dos was, but eventually, like the Epson, it was
retired to the dustbin of (computer) history.

But there's probably a number of Commodore128s sitting on remote
mountaintops as ham radio repeater controllers. Someone wrote a software
suite for the Commodore that did that quite well (including remote
control capabilities) and until the thing took a lightning strike, why
bother replacing it?