we are fucked [was: Jim Bell vindicated]

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun May 10 13:07:06 PDT 2015

Dnia czwartek, 7 maja 2015 08:53:00 Shelley pisze:
> On May 7, 2015 7:12:21 AM dan at geer.org wrote:
> > As usual, cpunks is descending into some sort of whirlpool of
> > itchy grudges, but I think the most interesting tweet of the
> >
> > last month was this one:
> >    It's ridiculous that even though US President is black, still such
> >    crimes agnst US blacks continue to occur. #BlackLivesMatter
> >    #FreddieGray
> >
> >    Khamenei.ir (@khamenei_ir) April 26, 2015
> >
> > Think about that for a minute, perhaps replacing "black" with
> > "Shia" or "Han" or "obnoxious mailing list trolls" and, well...
> >

> > --dan
>
> Don't they still imprison (or worse) LGBT folk & dissidents there?  One
> tweet does not an ayatollah redeem.

Why do we conflate "redemption" with "right to criticize"? Khamenei has a
point, but trhat does not in any way suddenly make Iran a great place.

I can criticize Russia at the same time I criticize USA. For some reason,
though, when I do the latter, I gat an overwhelmingly positive response, while
the former brings in an overwhelmingly negative one.

As if criticizing Russia was supporting the US. -_-'

Sorry about that, just a beef I have...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak