Threat Model: Parents

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun May 31 00:48:10 PDT 2015

On 05/31/2015 12:15 AM, Cathal (Phone) wrote:
> Wipe the machine, install fresh and clean Linux, and then password lock the BIOS.

That's excellent advice ... to someone who owns the machine. I'd say
also to use LUKS. But maybe here that would dramatically escalate the
confrontation. And there's also the lack of physical security.

Zenaan's advice is more appropriate in a child-parent context. If that's
impossible, the best option is probably doing private stuff elsewhere.