the ABC

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Wed May 27 21:46:28 PDT 2015

On 05/27/2015 10:00 PM, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:

>>         Last time I checked the stuff that can be owned(i. e.
>>         property) like say a hamburguer a car or a house,  cannot
>>         abandon me, destroy me or shape me to its liking.
>>

> The joke's on you! Ownership is defined in constitutions, and is not a real
> thing at all!

According to governments, yes. But according to me, I own anything that
I can fuck with :) That is, "ownership" is defined operationally.

> News businesses are supposed to operate in a market environment, meaning
> that a shitty newscaster will disappear due to market effects. Fox is not
> disappearing, yet it's exceedingly shitty. What's up? It's also still
> getting decent views. What's up?

You have it backwards. Fox is successful in its market, and by that
measure is clearly not shitty. What you think doesn't matter much.

> I'd like to to be illegal so that someone can just put an end to the bs.

You want Fox to be illegal? Good luck with that ;)