Karl Rove's confusion about capacity of NSA's Utah data center.

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon May 25 04:29:01 PDT 2015

Disks or any electro-mechanical device, may not be the only, or
principle, means of storage. So capacity may not be the measure
of capability.

The need for speed of access to and processing of data requires
the data to be in active memory all the time. Arrayed, large CPU-like
"chips" or solid state (best is unsolid state) processors make data
constantly usable, always up to date, no lag time, no wear and tear.

Physical disks use too much energy and require too much architecture
to rack, interconnect, house, energize, maintain, repair, replace, update.
And are way too slow and clunky.

However, this doesn't mean Utah Data Center is not useful as a
Potemkin deception. Or that much of it is Potemkin deception.
Why else make it so observable during funding, design, construction
and afterwards a juicy easily photographed, concentrated target of
sneaky weaponry of hardware, software, sneakerware, hey come
attack us ware.

Somewhere, in Utah, or the planet, there are data handlers about
which little is publicly known except as miniaturized examples on
personal playthings. Meanwhile we are fed out of date fantasies of
capability based on xxx-bytes of increasingly absurd prefixes which
are like innumerable angels on pinheads.

One way to spot what's what is to look at the generators of facilities.
And their fuel tanks. Fully active data require a lot of uninterruptable
juice. We traced the power lines for UDC and found they lead far
astray, also Potemkin. Could be the generators and fuel tanks are
too.

This is not to suggest Snowden pushing crypto and dribbling docs
are Potemkin. Could be, though, so slow and clunky, so observable,
and publishable for those willing to suspend disbelief.