noscript is 10 years!

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun May 17 10:37:49 PDT 2015

NYT today has book review on gradual replacement of humans
by robots, a beloved investment of those at the top, so John Deere
is out to replace farmers not make them more productive. Same
for robotics in general; their inventors, coders, engineers, will
themselves be replaced by robots which can outperform their
vulnerable, increasingly marginalized parents.

We have seen how digital spying is fast replacing humans who
are hired to algo, build and unleash the robots, guide them for a
while until they learn to be self-guided and self-improved across
the flesh-and-blood spectrum, bottom to top, yes, even the top
are robotically destined to be invaded by algorithms way smarter
than their makers. Yes, robotic subversion has happened to banks,
governments, investors, spy agencies, their contractors and
NGOs.

Maybe not yet time for humans to eat their kids, their homegrown
garden and feed lot, but that's the model beloved by those
at the top, yes, that is what they are doing, eating their seed
corn. Go for it, John Deere, eat your sales and repair crew.

Oh well, the richest got richer last year, the prisons got
fuller, buildings got taller and deadlier, drones are becoming
favorites of agri-farmers, kid predators, and revenge porners.

Want a roasted PhD for dinner, call Amazon. Not you, Dr. Geer,
not yet the Ubers buzzing overhead with pension-killing
Hellfires.