Subject: Re: Watching the watchers: spook database

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Fri May 8 09:25:25 PDT 2015

   You'd be surprised how many of these people are open about having a
TS/SCI +poly clearance.  While the people who wrote the backend for
Pinwale might not be open about it on LinkedIn, people who use Pinwale
in their jobs might be.  A good (unanswered) question might be just how
many people who've worked for Booz Allen Hamilton (as listed on LI)
*don't* use classified keywords compared to the number that do.

   People tend to think that LinkedIn is a safe environment to be open
about their past work.  Which is obviously bullshit, and I'd posit that
it's actually worse than Facebook because your information is shared
with the general public.  Even with higher privacy settings enabled,
anyone with a paid Recruiter account can see everything.

~Griffin