Meeting Snowden in Princeton

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:11:06 PDT 2015

On Mon, 04 May 2015 22:02:14 +0200
rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 4 maja 2015 16:25:34 Juan pisze:
> > > This is not exactly what you would call keeping a low profile or
> > > 'good OPSEC' for a person actively planning to drop the biggest
> > > Intel leak in history.
> > >
> > > I find this unbelievable.
> >
> > 	Are you saying the alleged facts you listed are not true?
> > 	(that's a possibility)
> >
> > 	But if you assmue all that is true, then my view fits
> > nicely. He didn't bothered with 'opsec' because he didn't need to.
>
> Maybe he didn't. Some will draw conclusions about how extremely
> competent the NSA thus is (as in: Snowden being a plant, a part of a
> larger operation to deceive the public or whomever about something);

	My conclusion is that he didn't need sophisticated opsec
	because he wasn't a suspect. And no, that doesn't mean he is a
	plant. It simply means he was regarded as a loyal empployee and
	loyal subject of the state.

> some will rather draw conclusions on how incompetent it is (as in:
> missed the Boston Bomber, missed Snowden, etc).

	Yes, they missed Snowden so they are incompetent to some
	degree. Arguably in this particular case their incompetence
	wasn't exactly small...

> You're free to chouse your poison. :)

	I like poison

	(idiocracy - I like money)