How are the Baltimore riots going?/Any way we can help?

Y G ygwald at brandeis.edu
Fri May 1 12:14:35 PDT 2015

On 05/01/2015 01:02 PM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 12:38:57PM -0400, Y G wrote:

>>> Aloha from Baltimore,
>>
>> Is there any way that the protests could use help on the tech front?
>>

> Maybe doxing the baltimore police will shed some light
> on the murder of Freddie Gray.

Are the cops responsible for it not the ones being charged?
If they are, CNN has the doxx. (
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddie-gray-police-charges/index.html )

("Responsible" here means "directly responsible", as opposed to
"responsible by virtue of participating and encouraging the abusive and
violent police culture")

I personally am against Doxxing -- in general, I'm only okay with it
when there has been a public demand for the identity of a public
official, which has been refused.
Because then they're the ones potentially putting innocent people in
danger. There were clearly other options.

(Depending on the circumstances, "against" could mean anything from
"actively yelling at people doing it" to "just staying out of spreading
it, and telling other people to too".)