any going to Nepal?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri May 1 03:41:13 PDT 2015

On 5/1/15, danimoth <danimoth at cryptolab.net> wrote:
> On 01/05/15 at 07:39am, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> To help establish new mobile base stations, internet network, etc?
>>
>> Ham radios are being used right now, but longer term there's lots of
>> tourist dollars that need mobile phone homes and connections, along
>> with the rest.
>>
>> If you work ok with others, are able to travel and passionate for our
>> collective future, perhaps now is a moment.
>
> Clean water is still missing and you encourage to worse the situation
> for "tourist dollars" ?
>
> Our collective future trained by "tourist dollars" ? What's up in your
> mind, dude?

At an appropriate time, with appropriate planning, and with all due
sensitivity to all relevant conditions, communications infrastructure
rebuilding shall be needed in this currently very devastated region.

Obviously the obviously appropriate inference wrapper is neither so
obvious nor obviously inferred. This is unfortunate, but thanks for
your 'with love' signoff - your sentiment matches my own sentiment and
intentions when I drafted the email.

The reference to tourist dollars was meant to hint at the (to me
obvious) fact that if anyone were to (appropriately) plan any
communications infrastructure, that the tourist population (when it
returns at an appropriate time in the future) has certain
communication needs which are perhaps not met by mainstream mobile
stations.

In a similar vein of thought, to those who may be inclined, please
forward any subset of these email only as appropriate and with all due
consideration and sensitivity to those you send to, please modify as
appropriate and please, please never add "if you don't forward this
you'll have 10 years of bad luck" and like rubbish.

Best regards,
Zenaan