Firefox 36+ listens on UDP:1900

Nikos Roussos comzeradd at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 23 09:48:01 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Cathal Garvey
<cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me> wrote:
> > Same goes for EME. The Firefox implementation is Open Source.
>
> Well. The "sandbox" in which closed-source EME malware runs is Open
> Source, the EME malware itself is not; if it were, it wouldn't
> achieve its intended goals of preventing the user from accessing
> media without interference.

I guess you are talking about the CDM module. Yes, that's not Open
Source, but that doesn't ship along with Firefox. It's pretty much the
same as with NPAPI plugins. Implementation is Open Source, but (for
instance) Flash plugin is not. Thus it's not shipped with Firefox.