Cypherpunk Politics [was: REAL-ID Coming]

Seth list at sysfu.com
Fri Mar 13 14:14:17 PDT 2015

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:13:46 -0700, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at hozed.org>
wrote:
> My theory is the whole Tom Cotton letter to Iran was a legislative
> trojan,
> and there was a coordinated psy-ops campaign to get 47 senators to sign
> it.

That may very well be. I came across an opening article the other day
about how this whole "Obama-Netanyahu ''Fallout'' is Theater - Planned in
2009" [1].

Some of the quotes from The Brookings Institution's 2009 policy paper
titled, "Which Path to Persia? Options for a New American Strategy Toward
Iran," are eye popping.

"..any military operation against Iran will likely be very unpopular
around the world and require the proper international context— both to
ensure the logistical support the operation would require and to minimize
the blowback from it. The best way to minimize international opprobrium
and maximize support (however, grudging or covert) is to strike only when
there is a widespread conviction that the Iranians were given but then
rejected a superb offer—one so good that only a regime determined to
acquire nuclear weapons and acquire them for the wrong reasons would turn
it down. Under those circumstances, the United States (or Israel) could
portray its operations as taken in sorrow, not anger, and at least some in
the international community would conclude that the Iranians “brought it
on themselves” by refusing a very good deal."

They've laid out the entire maniac war plans in plain sight for anyone
curious enough to read.

Problem is 'muhricans don't read, and the elite know this.

[1]
http://www.activistpost.com/2015/03/obama-netanyahu-fallout-is-theater.html