How to have your encrypted mail in two places at once

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri Mar 13 09:24:30 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 11:30:39AM +0100, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 3 marca 2015 01:54:26 Mike Ingle pisze:
> > IMAP and webmail makes it easy to access your mail on two or more
> > machines, and have all your folders stay in sync. Encryption tends to
> > break that: your inbox might work across machines, but your Sent Items
> > and personal folders tend to be stuck on one machine.
> >
> > Confidant Mail 0.24 has a solution for that problem. You can have the
> > same GPG key on two or more machines. Using a secure replication
> > protocol, your sent items, read status of incoming mail, personal
> > folders, and deletions are all automatically copied to the other
> > machines. This provides an IMAP-like experience with encrypted mail.
>
> Why not use different subkeys per-machine? Just remember to encrypt with all
> subkeys. Also, GPG-enabled webmail, am I reading it correctly?..

I keep waiting for something interesting to happen that uses blockchains
and their private keys for storing, encrypting, distributing, and monetizing
messages.

Unfortunately, I supposed the most likely way this would get funded is through
a DARPA proposal, or some sort of government funding with the goal of
destabilizing other governments.