How to have your encrypted mail in two places at once

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Mar 4 01:59:49 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 12:34:17AM -0800, Mike Ingle wrote:
> On 3/3/2015 2:16 AM, stef wrote:
> >two things:
> >
> >1/ stop beating the dead horse (email)
> That's a silly thing to say on a mailing list, lol. Obviously the medium is
> still useful.

i think you mistake the mailing list usecase with the encrypted communication
usecase. the two are quite different.

> >3/ protocols like pond which address adversarial progress over the years
> >should be preferred over outdated and broken protocols. but i guess i'm
> >repeating 1/ already.
> >
> Which adversarial progress are you referring to? GPG has proven itself
> robust over the years, and Confidant Mail does not use SMTP.

has it? or has parallel construction also evolved?

> If you mean forward secrecy, I'm working on that. In the meantime I'd still
> rather trust GPG than some unknown protocol. If my private key gets stolen
> that's my own fault for being careless.

i think this has been now repeated many times enough. smari, matt green,
lately even moxy got the memo..

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt