Governments Covertly Fund Internet Freedom Activists

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 1 04:36:59 PST 2015

Well said. Very few citizens receiving government funds, benefits,
perks, favors, bribes, contracts, tax write-offs, and even fewer NGO
beneficiaries are bothered by laws. procedures, pacts, secrecy,
venality, venerable greasing of palms. This is what governments
and NGOs were invented for and remain the premier source of
livelihood one way or the other, especially for those who pretend
opposition while royally partying with opponents. Royally, not
peasantly.

6- and 7-figure dollar compensation of officers of NGO, edu, com,
gov, religion, media ad nauseum, confirm the arrangement to promise
public service as a lure to vampire the lucre of believers who think they
will be able to become brazen vampires too. And it works, shrewd
recruits and donors like Soros, Omidyar, WikiLeaks, Snowden and
millions of followers flood into civil liberties, cybersec, anonymizing,
FOI, spying, think tanks, ACLU, EFF, EPIC, Privacy International,
Investigative Journalists, ProPublica, The Intercept, on and on ad
nauseum from Day One to 0-Day.

Favorite rejoiner to accusations of perfidy is to accuse of conspiracy
of various stripes, never ever confessing that the greatest conspiracies
are promulgated by governments and their well-trained domesticates:
Spies, agents, sources, cohorts, informants, educators, preachers,
contractors, opinionators, operators, heroes, medalists, oh hell, us
SOB maestroes of the Duh Conspiracy.