Warrant Canaries

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Mar 31 18:54:46 PDT 2015

On 4/1/15, rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 30 marca 2015 16:48:57 Lodewijk andré de la porte pisze:
>> "Existence or non-existence" - what about "maybe exists" vs "definitely
>> does or does not exist"?
>>
>> If we all agree that "maybe" means "probably does not exist" and
>> "definitely does or doesn't exist" means you probably do have one, this
>> seems to be no problem.
>
> Ah, modal logic. Hounting me from beyond the gra^Wcollege...

>From The Collaborative Cypherpunks Dictionary of Sanity v.0.0.0.001 [cypher]:

  Hounting \Hound\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Haunded}; appl. to mental
     state, part. in hist. context, physchological self-pursuit;
     existential addictive thought appeal[ing|s] to the liberty
     cortex;
     p. pr. & vb. n. {Hounting}.] [F. hanter; of uncertain origin,
     perh. from an assumed LL. ambitare to go about, fr. L. ambire
     (see {Ambition}); or cf. Icel. heimta to demand, regain, akin
     to heim home (see {Home}). [root]36.]
     [OE. hound, hund, dog, AS. hund; akin to OS. &
     OFries. hund, D. hond, G. hund, OHG. hunt, Icel. hundr, Dan.
     & Sw. hund, Goth. hunds, and prob. to Lith. sz?, Ir. & Gael.
     cu, L. canis, Gr. ?, ?, Skr. [,c]van. [root]229. Cf.
     {Canine}, {Cynic}, {Kennel}.]

 A rapping and a tapping and a strumming in the brain,
 A hounting and a trouncing; Oh! that libertarian strain;
   [Anon. 2015]
   [Begging for enhancement by extension.]